Sunday, November 3, 2013

Influenster: Rose Vox Box

Influenster is a free-to-join website where you discuss, review, and try out new products.  Your goal is to earn points by participating in different programs.  You are not guaranteed free products, but it is still fun to review the products you love, and discover products that everyone else loves.  Influenster gets an idea of your hobbies and activities as you participate in certain projects and earn 'badges'.  Examples of badges include Eco for the green-friendly, Mosquito for the outdoors-woman, Gamer, High Spirits (wine!), Fashionista, JetSetter, Chowhound, Urbanite, Gadgeteer, Debonair, Pop Culture, Sweet Tooth, Fan-Addict, Six Pack, Beauty Queen and Decorator.

I joined about 4 months ago, and about 1 month ago, I received an email that I had been chosen to receive their fall beauty box, Rose VoxBox.  Last week, it arrived in the mail and this is what I got!
*Disclaimer: I did receive all of these products complimentary for testing purposes!*
1) Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (retail $5.99)
I like the impact of this mascara and it does a great job of lengthening.  I will say it's not quite "no clumps" as advertised.  Really, the deal breaker for me is that I always wear waterproof mascara.  Always have.  I'm not sure why, I definitely don't cry or get caught in the rain on a regular basis.  If I didn't wear waterproof, I may buy this mascara thought.

2) Dr Scholl's For Her Cozy Cushions (retail $12.49)
I haven't used these yet to be honest.  I have, however, repeated "pet" them.  They're super soft and the only reason I haven't used them is because I haven't decided which pair of boots to put them in! I'm looking forward to these!

3) belVita crunchy Breakfast Biscuits (retail $3.69 for a box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits)
Love these.  My flavor was brown sugar cinnamon or something like that.  I'll be buying more of these.  I've been told the blueberry are delicious as well.  I'll be picking up a few boxes on my next trip to the grocery store.  They're quick, easy, taste good, and I'm pretty certain would go great with my coffee! Also, I'm running late pretty often, so I could eat these in the car on the way to work or at my desk!

4) Kiss Gradation Polishes (retail $6.99)
I tried these and then took it off.  I'm not a fan of gold.  The blending of colors works well.  As usual, glitter doesn't always work the best, but I think if you did 2 coats of the glitter you'd be ok.  The idea is that your first coat is a light gold, then you do a coat of the dark gold on the top 1/3 of your nail and before that dries, you do a glitter coat on the top 1/2 of your nail to blend the colors together.  It works ok, but I'd prefer it in a different color!

5) Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles (retail $3.99 for 5.1 oz bag)
Who doesn't live Lindt LINDOR Truffles?! I've had these before, and this Christmas season, I guarantee I will have them again.  I prefer the Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate, but you certainly won't hear me complain about getting a Milk Chocolate Truffle for free! So good.

Overall, I'm happy with the products I received.  If you are interested in Influenster, you can sign up on your own, or even better, I can send you an invite and the more "influence" you are, the more points I get! If you're interested, post your email address below and I'll send you an invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment