Sunday, May 17, 2015

StitchFix: Fix #23

This weather is going to kill me. It's nice allllll week when I'm stuck at work and as soon as it's the weekend...RAIN! Or at least, the threat of rain. Enough of a threat to keep me from making outdoor plans. No 20 mile bike ride like I had planned, no laying out, no gardening. Just enough decent weather to...mow. :(

On the bright side, I did get a StitchFix on Friday so that meant trying on clothes over the weekend, so that's a plus. I got Kristen again, at least, I think I did. She is "Kristen-B" now. So is it someone different? Or did they hire a new Kristen and she has to clarify now? So many questions. Anyway, here's what she had to say:

Hi Jessica! I'm so glad you loved your last Fix!!! Let's repeat the magic with Fix #23, shall we? When I spotted the 41Hawthorn ernesto dress, I just had to snag it for you! It's a great twist on the classic stripped dress, and the ruching at the side will look fantastic on your frame! *If* it's long enough, you may be able to layer a cartigan or lab coat over it! I also thought you'd enjoy the bold print of this maxi skirt! If you want to wear it with sandals instead of wedges, try folding the waist band over or making a knot at the hemline to eat up some length.  The lace top is a must for this spring! And that green top? If you're feeling bold, mix prints with the maxi skirt.  But I *really* love the idea of tucking it into that navy scallop skirt from last July.  Try it on and tell me how it looks!!! <3 <3 xo Kristen-B

I love when they do their homework.  You can tell she read my info because I said I could always throw a lab coat over any tops or dresses that didn't have sleeves in order to not deter cute dresses. I also loved that she referenced a skirt from last July..and it was good advice! Anyway, here's what I got!

Gilli - Natasha Abstract Print Maxi Skirt


So.....I really love this skirt.  It's kind of a silky material and I'm sure it will be very cool in the summer months.  Kristen was right about needing to roll up the waistband though.  I actually checked the tag multiple times to be sure it is in fact a skirt and not a dress. Yes, it's that long.  Need proof?

 Welcome to my life. I like this skirt, but the price is a bit painful considering all the awesome maxi skirts at Target and Sam's.  I'm still pondering this one.  I'm accepting advice in the comments section. :)

Pixley-Carlie Mixed Lace Short Sleeve Shirt

 

Ok, so lets be honest, I'm really terrible at backwards selfies.  I think that's a good thing.  Anyway, I love this shirt.  It's super soft and a little bit stretchy.  I've been asking for lace for awhile and this is awesome.  I'm definitely keeping this one.

Urban Expressions - Adelade Woven Fold-Over Clutch 






 I really liked this clutch.  It even has the little magnets so it stays closed and folded over, HOWEVER, to keep costs down, I don't think I'll keep it.  I do love the polka dot lining though!

41Hawthorn - Ernesto Striped Fitted Dress


I love this pattern, I love the rouching, but I really just don't wear many fitted dresses.  Fitted dresses remind me of the nightclubs of Indy.  Just being honest.  That doesn't mean I don't ever want them to send me one...because I'm not convinced I'll never wear one, but this one just isn't it.  I don't know why, but it isn't.  This is going back!

Pixley - Priya Diamond Printed Knit-Back Tank




 I know, again with the backwards selfie.  This one is worse than the last one.  I wasn't sure about this shirt when I first saw it, but I really liked Kristen's advice to pair it with the scalloped skirt.  I'm not sure how I feel about the back being solid navy, but it is a really soft knit, and I'm totally won over by soft fabrics.  I think I'll probably send this back, but I haven't completely decided.

So...I don't hate any of them, and it was definitely another good fix by Kristen (or the new Kristen-B).  I used to be a part of a facebook group where you could sell or trade StitchFix items but I left the group because I never used it.  I'm half tempted to get all 5 items again this time to get the 25% discount and then sell the dress (the most expensive item).  The only item I'm 100% sold on is the lace shirt, but I'm leaning towards keeping the maxi too..I mean, it's a 2-in-1! I can wear it as a dress or a skirt! LOL  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like the maxi-skirt and hey, if you can figure out how to get away with wearing it as a dress then you have that much more wearability out of it.

    ReplyDelete