Monday, November 11, 2013

StitchFix: Fix #1

I have an absolute new favorite thing.  I have been waiting so, so, so (im)patiently for my very first StitchFix.  For those of you that don't know what StitchFix is, it's almost like a subscription box.  But it's not monthly, or, at least, it doesn't have to be.  You can get it whenever you need a fix. You start by making a profile on letting them know what sizes you wear, what styles you like, what color jewelry you prefer, etc.  Then, they show you some styles and you say what you think about those styles.  You can even give them a link to your Twitter or Pinterest pages so they can see what you like. You even tell them what price range you want from "the cheaper the better" all the way up to $200+. Then you pay $20 for a stylist to pick out five articles of clothing to send to you.  You try them on in the comfort of your own home with your own accessories and shoes and jeans and leggings and cardigans and boots to decide if you want to keep the items.  If you decide you want to keep a few, you deduct the $20 you already paid, and send the rest back within three business days.  If you keep all five, you give a 25% discount! Great! When you send items back, you tell them what you did and didn't like and why, and they use that information for next time! They also include a little card with each item to give you an idea of how to wear it.  Genius!

If you decide to sign up, please sign up here, because I get a $25 credit! (And really, $25 off on clothes?! Awesome!)

So, lets get to the fun part!
Wait, wait..before we get to the fun part.  I have to apologize.  Really. My boyfriend was supposed to take pictures of my new clothes but it's hunting season, which basically means I don't HAVE a boyfriend.  So...you get selfies.  I know, I know, I really do think more of you than that, but it's going to have to work this time because I have to send back the clothes I'm not keeping by tomorrow.  Forgive me?!

Ok, now the fun part...for this first stitch, I told them I like solids or bold patters like stripes, chevron, polka dots.  I'm not really a "print" or "floral" girl.  I also said I like black, white, and pink. Absolutely no yellow. I also mentioned that I didn't need any summer shirts.

1) TCEC - Stevenson Polka Dot Crew Neck Sweater ($48)

 I wanted to like this sweater.  And I did.  I just couldn't justify it.  I have enough sweaters.  Sweaters that were cheap and cost $20.  Verdict? This one went back.

2) Ellison - Emmett Colorblocked Striped Sweater ($58)
 I liked this sweater on better than the first one, but again, it's just a sweater, and it's more expensive than the first one.  Verdict? It went back, too.

3) Fun2Fun - Rainey Neck Twist Sleeveless Blouse ($48)
 I did not love this shirt out of the box.  I DID love this shirt once I put it on.  It's got a small keyhole on the front where it "twists" but it's nothing flashy or revealing.  It has a bigger slit in the back.  Again, nothing too major.  I might wear a low back bra with it, but no biggie.  It's a dark pink color and I love it! I think it would go well under a cardigan too. Verdict? Kept!

4) Ellison - Julie Striped Knit Pencil Skirt ($68)
 OMG.  Loved this.  I don't own a pencil skirt, and once I tried this on, I found out why.  My thighs are by far the widest part of my body and this is not my best look.  I tried this with the cardigan buttoned, and also with it open with a belt.  I'm still working on it.  I think to pull this off, I'm definitely going to need a top that shows I actually have a waist.  I know the PERFECT black shirt to go with this...I just donated it to the JLO Rummage Sale two weeks ago. Of course.  It's a work in process but I loved this skirt too much to pass it up.  Verdict? Kept!

5) 41 Hawthorn - Florence Colorblocked Dress ($68)
First off, let me say my stylist, Talleda, did her homework.  I actually pinned this dress on my Pinterest page.  You get a little letter from your stylist in your fix, and she had noticed it!  She recommended it with a bright statement necklace, tights, and booties for an evening out, or tossing a blazer over it for a more business casual look.  Why, thank you, Talleda!  Obviously, I couldn't send this back.  It was meant to be.  I should also mention that 41 Hawthorn is StitchFix's house brand, so it must have been fate that I pinned it! Verdict? Kept.

All in all, it was a fairly expensive Fix, and I wouldn't be able to spend that much each time (I signed up for a monthly fix), but I'm very happy with my first fix! Even the 2 items I sent back I liked, just didn't feel I needed them. (But I obviously needed the other three!)

I'm already looking forward to my next fix!
I would definitely give this a try! They listened to what I had to say about my style and you can ask for specifics.  For example, if you have a wedding coming up, you may ask for more dresses.  If you're going on vacation, you might want some flowy tops.  I'm definitely sticking with StitchFix for awhile!  

Don't forget to sign up using this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment