Wednesday, February 18, 2015

StitchFix #18/StitchFix #18

Oh my goodness I'm so behind on blogging. This Fix is from a few weeks ago. It's been so long that I actually received another StitchFix today. I'll need help with the one I received today, so I may end up posting both. The old StitchFix (#18) wasn't fantastic so maybe that's why I forgot (and I left town for a week). I think I threw away the little card from my stylist from my last fix, so I don't have that either. I screwed everything up!

Anyway, before I get into it, for those that don't know, StitchFix is a service where a stylist picks out 5 articles of clothing and sends them to you for a $20 fee. Any clothes you want to keep, you pay for (your $20 fee can go towards the clothes you keep!). If you keep all 5, you get a 25% discount. Your stylist gets to know your style through a series of questions you answer when you sign up, viewing your Pinterest page, and the feedback you give them from each "fix." If any of you decide this is something you should try out, and you should, be sure to sign up using my referral link here because I get a $25 credit towards my next fix which is a big deal, yo! Here's what I got:

Mavi - Freida Courduroy Brixon Ivy-Bixby Clover Print Blouse


After this outfit, this fix was off to a good start. I looooved this top. I was a little hesitant because I've purchased quite a few black and white tops lately but it's very thick, good quality material. I accidentally wore a black bra under it to work one day (I must have gotten dressed pre-coffee), and you couldn't tell. My stylist actually sends me Jess-proof clothing. She needs a raise. Kept this!

These cords were just ok. I don't own any cords but I don't know that I need any. I wasn't sure when I'd wear these. They were skinny cords (I didn't know those existed, but then again, maybe that's why I pay a stylist to dress me.) I have some skinny black pants that I wear for work and didn't see the benefit in getting these. They went back.

Skies are Blue - Devon Lace Back Blouse


I had specifically asked for lace and for bright blue, so really, this should have been perfect.  At least the stylist is sending me what I asked for, unfortunately, I didn't really like the front of this shirt.   This went back!

41Hawthorn - Faya Sleeveless Keyhole Fit & Flare Dress


I liked the keyhole but, um, no.  This went back.

 41Hawthorn - McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse


So, again, my stylist sent me exactly what I asked for and I didn't like it.  The lace seemed a little cheap on this shirt and I was worried it wasn't going to hold up.  The ends seemed frayed. I think it was just the style of the lace but I didn't care for it.  This went back!

Overall, this wasn't my favorite fix, but I don't think it's their fault.  They sent me what I asked for and I ended up getting something I didn't ask for! I need to quit requesting things and just let them do their job.  They're so dang good at it!  Of course, I didn't learn my lesson and on the next fix, I kept asking for lace.  I also asked for NO MORE black and white tops.  They sent me 2 in the past few months that I kept and I purchased one on my own (Yes, sometimes I buy my own clothes.) See below.

#overkill

So...StitchFix #19. Here's what my stylist had to say:

Hi Jessica! Thank you for your request today.  I really looked at your Pinterest board too so that I was sending you styles that fit your personality and that you want/need in your wardrobe.  First, this Papermoon skirt is a reflection of the one you pinned.  Pair with this grey with lace detail sweater and add a great wedge in Spring, and for the rest of winter wear with tights and boots.  This ReneeC skirt is a staple piece to have.  Pair with this blue top and add your necklace and cobalt blazer from January or the fun leather jacket from December.  Last, I threw in this fun green jacket that will really give a pop to all of the black and white tops that we have sent and it will bring Spring to the forefront! Enjoy the remainder of winter and I can't wait to hear back from you :) Tiffany

I'm not sure if this is the same Tiffany I had before, but I feel like it is because she did AWESOME again!  Girl does her homework! Here's what I got!

Papermoon - Kye Skirt

I love this skirt!  Here is the picture I had on my Pinterest page:

#nailedit   Ok maybe I didn't...but she did!  I'll have to do some digging in my closet to see if I can copy this look but she did a great job of finding something almost identical to what I pinned.

Fate - Tamar Lace Detail Sweater





I'm not sure what I think about this sweater.  I certainly don't like it with the skirt.  It might be pretty comfortable to lounge around in or wear with some jeans.  I was pretty sure I didn't like it when I first looked at it, but it's kinda growing on me.  Let me know what you think because I can't make up my mind!

41Hawthorn- Beckett Graphic Print V-Neck Blouse



I didn't love this top, and I don't love it paired with the blazer like she recommended.  I DO love the skirt....

Renee C Alondra Ruched Pencil Skirt


I looooved this skirt.  Because it's black, it was pretty difficult to show the ruching in the pictures. I liked it better with the blazer than with the leather jacket, but maybe I just couldn't figure out the right shoes.  I think a different shirt underneath would help too.  This skirt is really soft, but also very thin.  I think I'll probably keep it? Maybe? I think? 

Market and Spruce - Julia Utility Jacket


 

 Um.  I don't know how to wear a utility jacket. (Again, this is why I have a stylist).  I wore one of my black and white shirts under it as recommended but...I don't know?  I really love that this is cute blue and white polka dot accents (look where it's rolled up on my sleeves and the inside of the jacket).  It also has um, pull cords?!?!, on the inside so you can give yourself more of a waistline.  I feel like my absolutely horrible description of this shows just how much I don't know what to do with this jacket.  Again, I need help.  

Let me know what you think!  So far I'm thinking I love both of the skirts.  I do NOT love the blue v-neck top, but I'm torn on the other two.  Post a comment below and help a girl out!








No comments:

Post a Comment