Saturday, October 3, 2015

StitchFix: Fix #29

FINALLY! I had a bit of a post office fiasco that involved a couple of packages disappearing into thin air so I went a little longer than normal between Fix's. Luckily, StitchFix has great customer service and got this one out to me! The bad news is that Kristen B didn't style me this time! Dang! Luckily I still got a few pieces that I wanted to keep. Here's what my stylist said this time:

Hi Jessica, I'm excited to style your Fix! Thank you for being such a loyal long-time client! Today I'm sending some fall transition pieces inspired by your Pinterest. I stated with the Creative Commune dress in a gorgeous print because you pinned some similar items.  I will be great for work or an event, and as the weather cools you can layer on the Mystree sweater jacket.  The Kut from the Kloth skinny corduroys in rich burgundy are perfect for fall, and will be adorable with both the tops I'm sending. The Fun2Fun blouse in burgundy print will look equally cute with jeans as with the cords and is perfect for work.  The Market & Spruce striped top with the cutout back details will be really cute with the cords for going out on the weekend, but you can also dress it up with a skirt.  Please let me know how your Fix works out! XO Deniz

So...here's what I got!

Kut from the Kloth - Jonathan Skinny Corduroy
Market & Spruce - Abberley Cut Out Detail Knit Top

 
















It's a little easier to tell in the picture of the back view, but this shirt is actually black and grey stripes.  I love the detail of the back and the fabric is super soft. I'm a sucker for soft fabrics and this shirt fit well.  It pairs well with grey dress pants for work or skirts. I kept it!

I wasn't a fan of the cords...as usual, the length was a little weird and they just weren't flattering overall.  They went back.

Fun2Fun - Ritten Henley Top


Eh, I wasn't impressed with this.  It was a little too big and flowy for me.  That, in combination with the print, made me think of the 70s.  Not that the 70s were bad.......just not my current style. ;) This went back!

Mystree - Dorina Faux Leather Detail Sweater Jacket


The jacket is very different.  The little patches on the shoulder are actually faux leather.  I actually went back and forth on this one quite a bit, but a friend who was over said I definitely needed to keep it...so I did!

Creative Commune - Sabrine Faux Wrap Dress


 This was just a bit too fitted for me.  I wasn't a fan of the print either.  This one went back!

I already have my next fix now.  I definitely didn't feel like this was my normal style as much as when Kristen B styles me, but it still had some good pieces!  As much as it pains me, I'm admitting summer is over and I'm going to ask for some more fall pieces for the next few Fix's!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment