Monday, November 18, 2013

Birchbox: November



Birchbox
What: A monthly subscription box of 4-6 (usually) sample-sized beauty products. You do get the occasional full-sized product.  You have the option to review these products to earn "points" that can then go towards money off the purchase of full-sized products.
How much: $10 a month
Give and take: Sign up here and I earn points. 

This months theme is #moregood.  This box is supposed to give ideas about how you can bring #moregood into your life "from a roundup of our favorite charitable beauty brands to easy ways to give back."  Here's what I got!

Aloxxi - Firm Hold Hairspray
This was nice.  Nothing spectacular.  I like the smell better than most and it did a pretty good job of holding a curl (an impossible task in my world).

Chella - Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil
I liked this! Contouring is huge right now and this does a great job! It glides on very smooth and blends well! Very happy with this! There is supposed to be a video on the Birchbox website outlining 10 different ways to apply this, but I couldn't find it!

LA FRESH - Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover (2)
I liked these! They worked pretty well.  They are biodegradable and chemical free so I like that too!

TOCCA - Crema da Mano in Cleopatra
This lotion is packed with natural oils.  It's a grapefruit and cucumber scent and it smells AMAZING.  It is silky soft and I'm going to be disappointed when it runs out.  I would purchase this full price if I didn't have 2 billion lotions in my house.

Mighty Leaf - Tea Pouches
Organic tea leaves, dried fruits, and spices in a biodegradable pouch.  These have very specific details on the packaging. Examples:
Vanilla Bean - Black tea, Caffeine, Brew time 4 minutes.  "Inhale the intoxicating aroma of wild Madagascar vanilla beans and black tea leaves blending in a smooth, full bodied cup.
Organic African Nectar - Herbal Infusion, Caffeine Free, Brew time 5 minutes. "Sojourn to the fertile tropics and savor the fruits of the "alluring continent."  Organic African rooibos leaves teeming with mango, vanilla, and blossoms. Antioxidant-rich.
Green Tea Tropical - Green Tea, Light Caffeine, Brew time 3 minutes. "Smooth green tea leaves harmoniously blend with sweet tropical fruits of pineapple and guava. Fragrant and uplifting, this bouquet will transport you to tropical bliss.

If that's not dramatic, I don't know what is.  I haven't tried these, mainly because I'm not really a tea, drinker, but I'm willing to give them a shot.  With descriptions like that, how could I pass it up?!  I'll let you know the verdict!

I did pay for these products and did not receive them for free, however, I do earn points towards credit for a full sized product when the referral link above is used.

No comments:

Post a Comment