Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

Looking back, 2013 was a very average year.  Nothing incredibly amazing happened, nothing terrible either. I remember my resolution clearly from last year.  It was "I'm not making a resolution, because I can't ever remember them."  Ironic, right? As someone who thrives on organization, goals, and to-do lists, I almost blame my average year on my lack of a resolution.  Don't get me wrong, it was a good year.  I have no complaints, but I'm learning from last year and have outlined my resolutions for 2014.

1. Improve my Spanish.  I took 4 years of Spanish.  I took Spanish culture classes that were taught solely in Spanish and our textbook was Spanish.  Using an app, I've discovered that knowledge is still there, I just need a bit of a refresher.

2. Increase savings.  I have a number in mind (that I will not be posting on the internet).  It's very, very do-able.  It's just that I would rather use that money to, well, shop! I currently have my direct deposit set up so a specific amount of money is deposited into a savings account that is at a bank that has no ATM and their lobby is not open outside regular business hours.  Therefore I cannot get to my money.  Smart, right? My goal is to increase the amount of money going into this account each check.

3. Be HEALTHIER.  I know better than to set a goal of going to the gym x number of times a week.  Or to swear off sweets.  Ain't gonna happen.  I can, however, set a goal of being healthier overall.  My goal is to lose 7 lbs, which I think is very reasonable.  It's maintaining I'm going to struggle with.

4.  Work on "The Trip List."  I typed a list awhile ago that consists of weekend trips.  St Louis for a tour through the Budweiser Brewery. The Bourbon Trail.  Touring another winery (see a pattern here?).  A NASCAR race. New Orleans. Icemen Game. Unfortunately, 2013 didn't make much of a dent in my list. I'd like to change that in 2014.

5. Do more of the things I love.  I love cooking.  I haven't had as much time to do it as I would like.  I love blogging.  Unfortunately, due to my lack of cooking,  Cooking In KY has suffered as well.  Hopefully I'll get to do more of both!

I'm planning on writing my resolutions in my planner and consciously consider each week what I can do to accomplish them.  Hopefully at the end of the year, I can do a post where I revisit these and discuss how I've accomplished each of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment