Saturday, February 1, 2014

StitchFix: Fix #4

This is my SECOND StitchFix this month.  I have them scheduled to arrive every 4 weeks, and since my first fix arrived January 2nd, the next one arrived January 30th.  I had a different stylist this time (Laura instead of Talleda) and things just didn't go very well.  She had good intentions, but most of the items I got didn't work out for one reason or another.  For those who don't have a clue what StitchFix is, here is the link to my first one where I explain the process. And here is my referral link if you decide to sign up.  I get a $25 credit towards clothes if you do!
Here's what I got.

1) Margaret M - Kayla Skinny Jean ($98)

Ok, I'm not saying I would NEVER spend $98 on jeans, because if I found an amazing pair that fit me perfectly, I might do it.  However, I can say I would NEVER spend $98 on wine-colored jeans.  I just don't think I'd wear them enough to justify the price.  The good news is that they fit fairly well.

2) Bay to Baubles - Alyssa Beaded Statement Bib ($42)

I liked this statement necklace from Bay to Baubles, but I rarely wear gold.  I wore this to work (shh!) and got a TON of compliments on it, but how often can you wear a necklace like this? I feel like once you've worn it once, everyone has seen it.  It went back.

3) Kensie - Rowena Metallic Cross-Back Peplum Top ($38)
No, no, no, no, no, no no.  This was just bad all the way around.  I didn't like the fabric, I didn't like the little sparkles in the material and I just looked ridiculous.  I couldn't get this in the return bag fast enough.

4) Honey Punch - Macbeth Chevron Racerback Maxi Dress ($78)

I wish I could say it got better, but it didn't.  This was sooo big on me! It was a small, but I was swimming in fabric.  Frumpy is the only word I can come up with.  I also needed to be about a foot taller.  I tried putting a jean jacket of it but it didn't camouflage how bad it looked.  Returned!

5) Under Skies - Marisol Striped Lace Blouse ($68)

If you read my review from StitchFix #2, then you know I received a dress that looked exactly like this shirt and had to return it because it was too small.  At least new girl did her research.  I didn't love this shirt, but since everything else was a definite no, I kept this.  If you don't purchase something you lose your $20 styling fee and I had credit from my referral link and a Christmas gift certificate.  I ended up paying $11 for this. Realistically, if I saw this in a store for $68, I probably would have bypassed it, but with the credit, I kept it.  I tried it on under a black blazer and I think it will be great for work!

This was probably my least favorite fix, but I'm not giving up yet.  I get too excited when one arrives, and lets be honest, trying on clothes at home is fun, even if you don't like them!  I'm planning on 'pinning' some Spring styles to my Pinterest Board they look at so hopefully next month will be better!

Don't forget to use my referral link if you decide to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment