Sunday, June 1, 2014

StitchFix #8

StitchFix recently gave me the best and worst news ever.  I can now get a StitchFix every 2-3 weeks instead of once a month!  This is 1) THE BEST NEWS EVER and 2) the worst thing to ever happen to my bank account.  Naturally I said, "Of course I would like more clothes picked out specifically with my style in mind, packaged up, and sent right to my front door!"  My bank account groaned.  If you've never heard of StitchFix, read my very first post about it here, and then right after that, you'll want to join, so please use my referral link here so I can get a $25 credit towards new clothes (I'm going to need it!).

My stylist this time was Yelena.  Her note to me that was included in the package said, "Hi Jessica! I wanted to send you a medley of pieces that touch on your style preferences in one way or another.  I also wanted to send some great pieces that you can wear into the Spring that you can layer or wear alone! The Wisteria Weave Detail Knit Tank is a fun casual top that you can pair with the Larken Roll-Cuff Cotton Cargo Short and sandals for a fun relaxed casual day on the town! The Michele Multi Stripe Fit & Flare Dress is a fun piece that you can wear to work, or pair it with fun accessories for a casual day or night out on the town! Have fun trying everything on! Please let us know how your experience was! Hope you love your Fix! Xo Yelena"

1) 41Hawthorne -Breyson Split-Neck Tab-Sleeve Knit Top


This shirt wasn't bad. I liked the style of it, and I liked the turquoise color, and I don't have a lot of turquoise, but the fabric was just SO wrinkly!  I don't want to spend a lot of time ironing a casual shirt.  On top of that, the sleeves didn't roll/fold up very well.  I decided the shirt was too high maintenance and sent it back.  

2) 41Hawthorn - Ivy Embroidered Trim Tab-Sleeve Blouse



I liked this top, and I liked the embroidery on the sleeve tabs and the neckline, but I've already bought a few coral shirts this year and I feel like half my closet consists of sheer tops that require a tank under them.  I decided to pass on this one!

3) Mystree - Wisteria Weave Detail Knit Tank


This picture doesn't show the detail of this tank very well.  It looked cool but looked a little unfinished.  David said no the second he saw it.  I didn't think it was anything special and I don't need it, so it went back!

4) Sanctuary Larken Roll-Cuff Cotton Cargo Short


I thought these would be a no when I took them out of the box, but they ended up being my favorite.  They even got a thumbs up from David!  They aren't as "bright" as they appear in this picture but I liked them! Kept these!

5) Mystree Multi-Stripe Fit & Flare Dress


I liked the style of this dress but not the print.  It was a little drab.  I probably would have kept it if it was a brighter print or more spring-y, but I send it back.  I didn't picture myself wearing it.

At the end, I just kept the shorts, but I am really excited about them.  I've been asking for some colored shorts and I'm glad I got some!  Can't wait for my next Fix in just a couple week! Eek!

Don't forget, if you decide you want to sign up, please use my referral link! 




No comments:

Post a Comment