Monday, November 24, 2014

Breaking Free

I recently received a copy of the book "Breaking Free" by S.M. Koz. The book is an easy read, and if you're a fast reader, you can probably finish this in one day. Not an evening, but a day. (I read it on on a Sunday.) The book features Kelsie Sullivan, a teen who, after a traumatic event, resorts to cutting to deal with her emotional pain and guilt. As a result, she is sent to a Wilderness Retreat by her step-mother. Here, Kelsie meets four other troubled teens including JC, a young man she befriends, who is dealing with his own set of problems. Kelsie and JC grow close, but a series of events leads to a tragic outcome. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It's not the "deepest" book I've read, but it touched on a number of fairly "deep" topics. I'd definitely recommend this book for a lazy day at home or to reach a few chapters before bed!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment