Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Wall

Even before I started painting, I had a pretty good idea of how I was going to have the living room/dining area set up in the house, except for one small wall.  It had so much potential.  It already had character! It had a cut out for an old landline phone.  I loved the character of it, but I could quite figure out what to do with it!

See what I was dealing with.

This picture was pre-paint, pre-decoration, pre-trim. 

This is what it looks like now!


I love it!  The table is from Target.  I love it, but it literally showed up in SO many pieces.  It took forever to put together!  The mirror is from Target too.  The lanterns are from Hobby Lobby. I've always had a thing for lanterns and I knew they would be making an appearance in the decor.  I wasn't expecting to have 3 of them in such a small space, but somehow that's what happened.  I've had the clock for a few years (Pier 1) and the corks, well, the number of them seem to be increasing very quickly. ;)  I'm not sure what I'll do when it fills up! Maybe some kind of Pinterest project.  We'll see!  The candle in the cabinet is normally on top of the table, but it got relocated due to Christmas decor and I forgot to put it back!

I love how it turned out and the phone cubby works perfect with the little lantern!

I wasn't sure what to put inside the cabinets but a friend suggested I pick out a few of my favorite cookbooks since the table is right by the kitchen.  I think that's a great idea.  The hard part will be narrowing it down to just a few cookbooks! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment