Monday, November 2, 2015

StitchFix: Fix #31

Oh StitchFix. I was on such a roll with Kristen B..she GOT me! Ever since I got off schedule I haven't had Kristen B and I don't really feel like the recent stylist get my style at all. I've been lucky enough to have one item that I want to keep, so I haven't lost my styling fee so that's been good, but I certainly haven't been anywhere near a 5 item fix.

If you don't know much about StitchFix, read my first post about it here and if you decide to try StitchFix out for yourself, make sure you use my referral link! I've had at least 20 people in the past 6 months tell me they signed up and only 4 used my referral link.  I get $25 credit if you use my referral link so please use it! To sign up with my referral link, click here and I'll love you forever!

My 31st Fix was styled by Shayna.  Here's what she had to say:

Hi Jessica! I started today's Fix off with the RD Style Janee pullover.  I chose this for you because it's classic and comfy and will look great with leggings and riding boots, booties, or even heels! Another gorgeous combo is the Daniel Rainn Persimmon Tie Neck Blouse, layered with the Pixley Martina cardigan.  This too will look great with leggings.  Again, boots will create a polished yet slightly more casual look and heels or pointed flats will dress it up a bit.  I'm sorry I couldn't send any bootcut grey/charcoal dress pants this time but I encourage you to try the Margaret M Emers again.  I know the last pair didn't quite work out but these are a different cut that I think you'll find to be really flattering.  Plus, the black and white print create a grey look.  They'll look awesome with all the tops I've included today! Enjoy, Shayna.

So...there's that.  Here's what I got:

Papermoon - Locust Embroidery Detail Blouse
Margaret M - Emer Jacquard Print High Waisted Cropped Pant


























 Ok, I didn't mind the top. It was pretty and I like that color of blue but I also didn't think it was anything too spectacular.  I did like the detail on the shoulders.  I didn't hate this, but I sent it back.

The pants.  I was excited about these when I took them out of the box.  I was less excited once I had them on.  They were an awkward length on me.  I'm weird about length.  A side effect of being 5'2".  I also don't think I own the right shoes to pull these off.  They went back.

Daniel Rainn-Persimmon Tie Neck Blouse



I think the theme of this Fix was "I don't hate this, but I don't love it either."  I love the jewel tone of this top, but the tie neck isn't really my style.  I also don't need to buy a tank top in October.  I need warm clothes! I have more than enough tops to wear under cardigans, so I don't really know when I would wear this.  It went back.

Pixley - Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan


I didn't need this...but I wanted it anyway.  This cardigan is super soft and as I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for soft fabrics.  And I know you can't see it in the picture...but this has POCKETS.  Not just regular pockets, it's like the fabric swings around the bottom and creates pockets (worst explanation ever, I know).  Anyway, I kept this!

RD Style - Janee Cowl Neck Side Split Pullover



I think you can see my (lack of) excitement about this sweater in these pictures.  This was HUGE.  Now, I know big heavy sweaters are in, but this was just bad.  It was not soft (strike 1), it looks stretched out (strike 2), it had a split side that went too high (strike 3).  I didn't like anything about this.  On top of that, it had lint already stuck to it.  With Lexi, I knew this was a dealbreaker.  I sent this back!

After a few underwhelming fixes, I'm going to wait 6 weeks before my next fix instead of my usual 2-3 weeks.  My bank account could use a break with Christmas coming up.

If you have any questions, let me know!
To stay up to date on my StitchFix boxes and product reviews, follow my facebook page The Misplaced Hoosier














No comments:

Post a Comment