Sunday, December 21, 2014

StitchFix #16

I should really wait awhile before I start getting Fix's every few weeks but...it's a weakness.  The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?  If you don't know what StitchFix is, read my first blog post about here here and be sure to use my referral link here so I get $25 credit towards new clothes, which is AWESOME and I'll love you forever.

A few days before this Fix arrived, I got another package in the mail from StitchFix.  They sent me a super cute notebook with the StitchFix logo on the front for Christmas.  It's a pretty nice notebook! Such an awesome company!

Anyway, here's what my note said this time around:

Hi Jessica! This fix is all about being edgy w/ great basics and bold prints! How fun are the coated burgandy skinny jeans? They are so soft and stretchy and will flatter your figure.  These stunners are a very versatile pair.  Dress them up with the two blouses I'm sending and stiletto heels for a date night.  Or for a more casual setting, pair them with an oversized sweater & black leather booties.  The look is idea for a cozy holiday look that is perfect for ice skating or sipping cocoa by the fire.  How classic is the black leather jacket? I know its a smidge above your price point but for a piece you can wear over every outfit, it's worth every cent! I hope you love these looks and that you gift yourself with a couple of fun items this holiday, too! XO, Vanessa

Ok, so Vanessa did pretty good.  She's right about this Fix being a bit edgier but I love it!  I think it's weird that she commented about the jacket being over my price point, because it wasn't the most expensive item in the Fix (by a long shot..more on that later).  Anyway..here's what I got!

Fun2Fun - Hollie Grid Print Blouse
Henry & Belle - Brandi Coated Skinny Jean

Ok, so I love this outfit.  The shirt is great and is perfect for work.  The jeans fit great, but 1) they are burgundy and 2) they are ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-EIGHT DOLLARS.  Sorry.  Not gonna happen.  Especially when they are burgundy.  I'm not gonna wear burgundy jeans enough to justify that.  I'm not even convinced a color exists that justifies that.  I kept the blouse, the jeans went back.

Pixley - Leighton Metal Bauble Necklace

This necklace was cute, but in an effort to keep costs down, it went back.  As a side note, this tank top came with the fix to go with the blouses, which are both a little sheer.  I love that they send a tank top with it!

Fun2Fun - Selena Chevron Print Blouse

This picture doesn't do this shirt justice.  I really liked the print.  I wasn't sure I loved the fit.  I sent this shirt back but I might regret doing that.  I really liked it, just trying to keep costs down for the house.  Damn buying a new house! It's interfering with my wardrobe!

RD Style - Rhonda Knit Back Faux Leather Jacket



















Ok, I have a faux leather jacket, but it's very thin and doesn't really work in the winter.  This jacket is AWESOME.  It's warm.  It looks awesome.  It's just..amazing.  I kept it.  I love it.  I want to wear it all the time. 

I really liked this fix, and really would have kept 4 of the 5 items if I had an unlimited bank account.  Hahaha.  I considered keeping all 5 items so I could get the 25% discount but I couldn't justify it between Christmas shopping and the house.  *sigh*

Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment