Sunday, October 18, 2015

StitchFix: Fix #30

I can't believe this is my 30th Fix! Ok, maybe I can. My closet is so full that it's spilling over into my other closets.  One of the many benefits of living in a 4 bedroom home is that the closets are ALL MINE! Yay!

I didn't get Kristen B back for this Fix, so that was a bummer.  Melanie didn't do a bad job, but most of the items didn't work out for one reason or another.  Here's what she had to say:

Hi Jessica, I can't believe I'm styling your 30th Fix today! I enjoyed your notes and had a good chuckle reading your blog.  I think I've found several things you are going to love! I started with this amazing printed skirt from 41Hawthorn, inspired by several of your pins.  It has the length you need to be work appropriate and I know you are going to have a blast styling it. Next, I chose the Loveappella Zola Asymmetrical Striped Dress for you.  I was excited to find this in petites.  The colors are the perfect backdrop for bright color accessories.  Next, I chose the Market & Spruce Corinna Striped Dolman, a versatile top that can be dressed up or down and is great for petites.  The Renee C Hepur Halter Top stood out to me for you, and the print and fit seem perfect.  Last, a cozy fall sweater with great details.  All the best, Melanie.

I have to wonder if Melanie was referring to my Dikbait review when she read my blog.  Eek! Haha. Anyway, here's what she sent!

Hanna Printed Pencil Skirt by 41Hawthorn


















I wanted to love this skirt, but I'm not brave enough to wear this print.  It fit great and it was very comfortable for a pencil skirt. I really wanted to keep this, but I knew I probably wouldn't wear it, so I sent this back. :(

Hepur Halter Top by Renee C

 
















This halter top is probably the last thing I need at the beginning of fall, but luckily it has quite a bit of navy in it which will go great with the Benson 3/4 Rouched Sleeve Blazer by 41Hawthorn from StitchFix #27. Even though it's really out of season...I kept this!

Denver Cable Knit Elbow Patch Cardigan by Market & Spruce




















Ok, I know elbow patches are in right now...but I can't do it. I just can't.  This straight up is a grandpa sweater, and even though grandpas are great, I don't need to be borrowing their style.  My friends vetoed this too.  It went back!

Corinna Striped Dolman Top by Market & Spruce

So, I liked this top...which is why I kept one almost exactly like it from Fix 17. I don't particularly need 2 navy dolman tops.  The only difference is that this one has stripes.  Even though I liked it, it had to go back!

Zola Asymmetrical Striped Dress by Loveappella




















As soon as I got this out of the box I wanted to love it! I was so excited about it...but I didn't like it once I put it on. :(  It was also just borderline on what is work acceptable and when I walked around it would kind work its way up on my hips..not flattering and I would have spent all day pulling the bottom of it down.  So sad..but I sent this back.

I ended up just keeping the halter top, which I guess is expected since I hate fall clothing.  I like wearing boots and pumpkin spice lattes but that's all I like about fall.  Hopefully my next fix will be a little better!

To keep up with my StitchFix boxes and my other reviews, make sure you're following my Misplaced Hoosier Facebook page. If you want more information on StitchFix, be sure to read my post from my first ever StitchFix post for more details and MOST importantly, if you want to sign up, be sure to use my referral link so I can get credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment